Changes Due to Covid – 19
Our tennis courses at the Club will run in full compliance with all social distancing, hygiene and activity adjustment measures set by the LTA and the government. We want to reassure all our members, guests and parents that the health and safety of our players is paramount and we will strive to ensure all guidelines are adhered to whilst continuing to keep the spirit and fun nature of tennis alive. Please read through below to see the changes we have put in place to our operations.
- Upon entering the building members and guests will be requested to where a mask until they walk onto court. We will be operating a new one-way system throughout the building that should be clear to understand on arrival.
- The reception area will be screened off and limited on how many people can be within the area at any one time.
- Internal doors will be secured open to minimise areas to touch. Fire doors leading out will also be secured open to help airflow throughout the building.
- Members should not visit inside the Club building unless absolutely necessary. We are requesting that all members continue to book courts online. We can deal with all course bookings, membership queries and payments over the phone. Members should only need to use the Club building for entering onto a court they have booked, using the toilets, or dropping off and picking up children booked on courses.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available for use in and around the entrances to the indoor courts. These will be clearly displayed. We have removed most equipment from behind the curtains, apart from mini nets, and cleaned down all areas.
- The outdoor courts will continue to operate as usual. We will be providing hand sanitizer for arrival; members should continue to book courts online and follow guidelines for safe play.
- Children arriving for groups on the outdoor courts should go straight to the court the group is booked on to and meet their coach. Parents are requested to not congregate outside and stay at the recommended distance of at least 1.5m from one another. Any children not on court should NOT be left unattended.
- The squash block is now designed for members to check in on arrival at the block where you will be requested to sign in at the entrance. You will need to follow the guidelines for safe play which are clearly displayed and ensure all guests playing with you report to reception before going on court to fill in a guest registration form and pay a guest fee.
- For the cafe area please see changes due to covid-19 on our cafe & bar tab section on this website.
- Parents will be able to use the upper gallery which overlooks the indoor courts to watch their children if needed. We will also be using a one-way system to gain access and leave the gallery. We are requesting that parents do not congregate in areas and that children not participating within a group are always in the company of their parent. Children should not be left unattended to walk through the Club building alone for any reason if they are not on the programme.
- Customers are unable to sit at the viewing window that overlooks indoor court 1 within the café/bar area, the bar stools have been removed.
- Screens have been installed on the reception desk and café/bar area for staff to serve behind.
- We are no longer excepting cash or cheques, only credit and debit cards, please use contactless card payment where possible.
- Our staff have the choice of wearing visors and masks, so they may appear different (but they are the same team as before!)
- We are not currently taking bookings for functions or kids parties until further notice.
- The amount of team members working on shift has been reduced to ensure staff can maintain social distancing.
- All guests must report to reception to fill in a guest registration form for track and trace records before they use the facilities.
- Members can continue to enjoy playing table tennis outside, providing they bring their own bat and table tennis balls.
- The area previously used for football is completely out of action and taped off. Please do not allow your children to play in this area.
- Letchworth Fitness Gym have their own set of guidelines and measures in place, there available to view on their website on www.letchworthfitess.co.uk.
- Our staff have been informed of the cleaning measures we have in place with clear instructions to follow. All areas of the building have had a more intensive clean prior to opening and will continue to be cleaned daily by our staff.
The Letchworth Sports and Tennis club team will continue to work towards creating a new enjoyable normal for our members and guests. We trust the above is both helpful and informative.